Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Dark Tower and Me

I have traveled to the tower with Roland and his ka-tet time without number. In other words, I've read Stephen King's brilliant epic work The Dark Tower (The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass, Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, and The Dark Tower) numerous times.

Strange as this may sound, King's magnum opus has impacted and in some cases completely changed the way I look at many things. My world has, in a sense, been shaken by a beamquake through my experience with these books. You may think that I'm an obsessed fan, and you'd be right ... but I'm also an obsessed fan with a degree an English, a passion for writing, a knack for literary analysis, and a new love of blogging.

I recently started rereading the books. I've taken many notes and have sort of planned out a bit of how I want this blog to look and operate. Basically, as I read each DT book, I'll post on a certain area. It is my hope that the battalions following this blog will leave comments, converse, and we can all go even deeper into this unbelievable journey Stephen King has sent us on ... again and again.

Looking forward to your thoughts, ideas, input, and ... whatever else : )

Thankee sai.

1 comment:

  1. I've only read The Gunslinger so far and liked it, although I must admit I didn't find it an easy to read book. Hopefully I'll start with the sequels soon.

    ReplyDelete